K is for: Kahlua & Bailey's Spiked Donut Holes {for Father's Day}

I have fond memories from my childhood of going to the donut shop with my dad. My sister and I always got so excited because he let us pick *whatever* we wanted, which meant I automatically honed in on the one with the most frosting on top that was stuffed with obscene amounts of sugary jam. But the best part of that memory was sharing it with my dad.

So when Brit.co asked me to come up with something for Father's Day this weekend, I immediately thought of donuts. I recently acquired a Babycakes Cake Pop maker from my cousin, which is perfect for making quick donut holes. And since this holiday always coincides with U.S. Open Sunday, I thought a little golf theme was in order as well, so I served them up on golf tees.

Of course, donuts also go hand-in-hand with coffee, which I often drink with Bailey's Irish Creme liquor on the weekends. Fill these bad boys with Kahlua & Bailey's spiked chocolate pudding, and you've got yourself a Father's Day breakfast Dad won't soon forget! To get the step by step instructions, click here. Happy Father's Day, Dad!



Kahlua & Bailey's Spiked Donut Holes

by Jaymee Sire
Keywords: breakfast dessert donut kahlua pudding shot cake

Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, oil, sour cream, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl. Take care not to overmix or your donuts will be dense. Mix only until large lumps disappear.
  2. Fill each opening with about a tablespoon of batter, taking care not to overfill.. Bake for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of one. (Note: the bottoms of the donut holes will be more brown than the tops).
  3. Immediately toss the hot donuts in powdered sugar. (A brown paper bag would work well for this).
  4. To make filling, combine pudding mix, both alcohols and heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer, mix until stiff peaks start to form and pudding sets.
  5. Fill the flavor injector (included with the Babycakes machine) with chocolate pudding and fill your donuts. (Remember, you won't need a whole lot!) If you are using store bought donuts, you can use a pastry bag with a tip or a squeeze bottle to fill your donuts.
Powered by Recipage

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,